Starting Points

Jan 21, 2011 at 8:07 PM

NerdDinner OpenID login:
http://www.nerddinner.com/Account/LogOn

JQuery OpenID Selector:
http://code.google.com/p/openid-selector

Email verification for new accounts (WebMatrix sample w/ Razor):
http://www.asp.net/webmatrix/tutorials/16-adding-security-and-membership 

Develop authorization widget to avoid need for separate login page.

Include Captcha, but use a better looking one than ReCaptcha.

By default, include Windows Live, Facebook and Twitter.

Jan 23, 2011 at 2:25 PM

Thanks for the List Loren. I havent checked out the Email verfication one yet - Will check it out a little later on..

I have the module doing open id already, and really I jsut want to clean up things first without Jquery, after that the openid selector lib that you have mentioned above will most likely be used with a few modifications as it doesnt quite fit in with my model.

If you fancy submitting some stuff let me know. :) and once again thanks for the list.

Feb 6, 2011 at 9:02 PM

I have implemented the JQuery OpenID Selectors, had to modify one or two things but works really nicely. Do you want to try the latest version?

Mar 10, 2011 at 7:10 PM

I attempted to install this into Orchard, but it kept erroring out and I had to remove it, any ideas....

Regards,
TJ Havens

Mar 12, 2011 at 1:03 PM

Sorry didnt see your post xotj123. my email is acting up!

What error message are you recieving? I have just uplaoded the latest version last night. Do you want to try that?

Mar 14, 2011 at 8:35 PM

Well I get an error trying to install through the CMS. I downloaded the source from CodePlex, how can I install manually?

Regards

Mar 14, 2011 at 8:57 PM

hmm thats wierd!.. I just downloaded Orchard.Web from here http://orchard.codeplex.com/releases/view/50197 And then downloaded version 0.2.0 of the Open Authentication module thru the built in gallery and it all seemed to work perfectly... What error were you getting? I havent seen the Newtownsoft.Json error??

Nick

Mar 14, 2011 at 9:15 PM
Package installation failed.
There was an error installing the requested package. This can happen if the server does not have write access to the '~/Modules' or '~/Themes' folder of the web site. If the site is running in shared hosted environement, adding write access to these folders sometimes needs to be done manually through the Hoster control panel. Once Themes and Modules have been installed, it is recommended to remove write access to these folders.
Input string was not in a correct format.
I have verified the permissions in IIS and they appear to be set correct, so not sure why I get the error. But I have been successful in installing manually... Got any ideas?
Regards,
TJ Havens
Mar 14, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Hmm.. What version of IIS are you running?

Mar 14, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Windows Server 2008 R2 IIS 7.5

Mar 14, 2011 at 9:29 PM

Hmm.. And what is your IIS identity running as? Also, your app pool what identity is that running as?

http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/624/application-pool-identities/

Mar 14, 2011 at 9:36 PM

Network Service.... And its running asp.net 4.0 Integrated

Mar 14, 2011 at 9:50 PM

Is the identity of the app pool set to ApplicationPoolIdentity? for the Process model

Mar 14, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Oh and to install the source in to Orchard, Just dump the files in to a folder called NGM.OpenAuthentication in to the modules folder.

Mar 14, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Ok, once installed, how do you configure?

Mar 14, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Okay awesome. So next thing you want to do Is fire up Orchard. Once started up go to the Admin screen

1. Click on Features
2. Click on the 'Enable' button next to 'Open Authentication' - This will enable the module
3. Next head to the 'Settings' link in the admin panel. Here you can set your Identifiers and secret keys. My ones are in there at the moment so people can test. Im not sure the FB one will work, unless you have put in http://openauthenticationtest.com in to your host file pointing at your localhost.
4. Choose which ones you would like the enable i.e. openid oauth etc (this will change in the next release where you can enable individual types)

To use Auto register

You need to enable 'Enable Auto Register' AND 'Users can create new accounts on the site' within the settings menu.

Next you can either assign a linked account to your current account and also view you associated accounts by clicking on the 'Associated Accounts' link on the admin menu.

You can also associate an account on logon. So for example if you logoff, and then try to login again with your google account, click google, logon thru google... (note: this will create an account if you enable auto register and an association does not exist), if not.. then you can then sign in with a local account and the google logon will automatically be associated to your account so next time you go to login.. it will just work.

Hmm.. maybe I should create some documentation!!... If you think certain things should change... or other cases should be taken in to concideration let me know, as im open to ideas :)

Nick

Mar 14, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Ok, I have enabled it under Features. Under Settings, I don't see any options.... I previously had Facebook Connect installed, but DISABLED.

Mar 14, 2011 at 10:46 PM

Do you see a section that looks like

<fieldset> <legend>Authentication Types</legend>
<input id="OpenAuthenticationSettings_OpenIdEnabled" class="check-box" checked="checked" name="OpenAuthenticationSettings.OpenIdEnabled" type="checkbox" value="true" /> <label class="forcheckbox" for="OpenIdEnabled">Enable OpenId</label>
<input id="OpenAuthenticationSettings_OAuthEnabled" class="check-box" checked="checked" name="OpenAuthenticationSettings.OAuthEnabled" type="checkbox" value="true" /> <label class="forcheckbox" for="OAuthEnabled">Enable OAuth</label>
<input id="OpenAuthenticationSettings_FacebookClientIdentifier" class="text-box single-line" name="OpenAuthenticationSettings.FacebookClientIdentifier" type="text" /> <label class="forcheckbox" for="FacebookClientIdentifier">Facebook Client Identifier</label>
<input id="OpenAuthenticationSettings_FacebookClientSecret" class="text-box single-line" name="OpenAuthenticationSettings.FacebookClientSecret" type="text" /> <label class="forcheckbox" for="FacebookClientSecret">Facebook Client Secret</label>
<input id="OpenAuthenticationSettings_TwitterClientIdentifier" class="text-box single-line" name="OpenAuthenticationSettings.TwitterClientIdentifier" type="text" /> <label class="forcheckbox" for="TwitterClientIdentifier">Twitter Client Identifier</label>
<input id="OpenAuthenticationSettings_TwitterClientSecret" class="text-box single-line" name="OpenAuthenticationSettings.TwitterClientSecret" type="text" /> <label class="forcheckbox" for="TwitterClientSecret">Twitter Client Secret</label>
<input id="OpenAuthenticationSettings_LiveIdClientIdentifier" class="text-box single-line" name="OpenAuthenticationSettings.LiveIdClientIdentifier" type="text" /> <label class="forcheckbox" for="LiveIdClientIdentifier">LiveId Identifier</label>
<input id="OpenAuthenticationSettings_LiveIdClientSecret" class="text-box single-line" name="OpenAuthenticationSettings.LiveIdClientSecret" type="text" /> <label class="forcheckbox" for="LiveIdClientSecret">LiveId Secret</label>
<input id="OpenAuthenticationSettings_AutoRegisterEnabled" class="check-box" name="OpenAuthenticationSettings.AutoRegisterEnabled" type="checkbox" value="true" /> <label class="forcheckbox" for="AutoRegisterEnabled">Enable Auto Register</label>
</fieldset>

????

Mar 14, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Also been looking around for more information on your previous issue and found this http://www.sarasota.me/blog/orchard-shared-hosting-directory-read-write-privileges - It would appear they have had the permission issues too

Mar 14, 2011 at 11:34 PM

None of that is displaying...

Mar 15, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Ok, I got it to work. What I did was, remove all the previous install. Downloaded fresh site from codeplex and used sql db this time. It installed fine through the Admin... Dunno what was causing it before top mess up...